The most popular old all purpose red beet. Uniform and smooth with blood red flesh that is sweet and tasty. Young plants make good greens. 55 days.
Seeds per packet: 5gr / Approximately 40-100 seeds per gram.
- Direct sow: Late April to mid-July. Optimal soil temperature: 10-26°C. Seeds will germinate in 5-12 days. Beets will not produce roots if planted when the soil is too cold.
- Indoor sow: All Year
- Exposure: Full-sun or partial-shade. Hardy to Zone 5
- Sow 1cm (½”) deep, 5-10cm (2-4″) apart in rows 30-45cm (12-18″) apart.
- Growing: For uniformly sized beets, thin carefully to 7-15cm (3-6″) apart when seedlings are 5cm (2″) tall.
- Harvest at any size, for the best flavour, pull the beets as soon as they have reached full-size.